Monday 11 July 2011

Wash Day Diary: 10.07.11

"I've not been not too impressed by how my hair has been feeling since I blowdried it on Friday night, so I think a cowash is in order!  I didn't have my full usual stash of hair stuff with me tonight so I've had to to use what I have on hand. I also didn't have my snap-clips to keep the ends of my plaited sections together so I struggled through using hair pins securing my hair to my scalp.  This meant that I couldn't exacly wash my hair whilst the plaits remained in my hair, but I still managed to wash it in sections"
  • Pre poo with coconut oil
  • Detangle with extra coconut oil and just for kids detangler (I loved this detangling combination, I lost hardly any hair!)
  • Added Elasta QP Intense Conditioner to the ends and left on for 10 mins
  • Cowash with VO5 Elixr Moisture Soak Conditioner (cheapie conditioner from 99p store which I thought I would give a try)
  • Deep condition with Elasta QP Intense Conditioner mixed in the palm of my hand with equal measures of castor oil and coconut oil.
  • Cover with plastic cap and towel for 30mins
  • Rinse with cool water
  • Leave on towel for 5 mins
  • Apply HEBE Leave In, CHI Silk Infusion, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner
  • Seal with coconut oil
  • Finish with Creme of Nature Argan oil Polish and Shine
  • Airdry
My hair is still currently airdrying which is a right pain as I want to go to bed! I am about 60-70% airdried at the moment, so I will blow dry on cool for a few minutes so I can detangle, put in some pin curls and go to bed.....


UPDATE 11.07.11 (am) : 

My hair seemed to take forever to airdry (probaby because I wanted to go to bed!) but I decided against blowdrying on cool I just stayed up a bit longer. 

At 80% dry I detangled my hair and lost probably less than 10 strands!!  AMAZING!  My hair was so soft!  I applied some Shea Goddess Growth Oil to my scalp which I am finding is great for softening my new growth (full review on this growth oil to follow in a few weeks).  I then applied some Bee Mine Balanced Moisturiser to the ends and lengths for extra moisture and for the scent to mask the scent of the growth oil.  I then sealed this all this with coconut oil.  I then put my hair into 4 x bantu knots, covered with a satin scarf and finally went to bed.

This morning I am very impressed by how soft my hair still feels.  It was still a little damp when I removed the bantu knots which is strange for me so I drove to work with the bantu knots undone, but not styled.  I then finished my hair when I arrived at work.  I suppose the porosity of my hair is improving, so it is able to keep hold of moisture for longer.......hence why it was still damp this morning.  I can't complain about that.

I definintely like the outcome of this wash day.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig