Tuesday 5 July 2011

My HAIR: Update Post Henna Treatment on 1st July 2011

Just a quick update to note that I am pleased with the outcome of my hair after my recent 'overnight' henna treatement.  Although my hair has been a little dryer that usual, I have been able to counteract this with the use of good leave ins, moisturisers and oils (castor oil and coconut oil). 
  • I deep conditioned my hair in sections last night using ORS Replenishing Conditioner.
  • I then cowased the DC out with a cheapie conditioner followed by my Nutrine Garlic conditioner.  All of the cowashing was done in sections, keeping my hair braided the whole time. 
  • I then added my leave in's and let my hair air dry till about 80-90% dry.  My hair usually takes about an hour and a half to two hours to dry to the required dryness
  • Next I detangled my hair before adding a little Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and some serum before putting in 6 pin-curls, covering with a scarf and going to bed. 

My hair feels really thick today and quite strong.  Not much shedding today and I didn't lose a ton of hair last night.  Washing in braids is definitely the best option for me going forward, washing purely in sections was not effective enough for my fine strands. 

I now need to devise a way to carry out my whole henna process (and relaxer process) whilst keeping my hair braided so I don't lose so much hair when rinsing out. There is definitely a difference in the amount of hair I lose when my hair is not braided throughout the entire washing process..............I'll need to get my thinking cap on!

Any suggestions are welcome!!!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig