Saturday 2 July 2011

It's Henna Time.....Finally!!! (Part 2)

I've had a sleep........but it ended up being longer than the 3hrs I had planned!!!  I woke up at almost 1am this morning and wrestled with leaving the henna in overnight or just washing it out and spending about 2hrs awake before going back to bed.  I was completely shattered so decided to do some post midnight research on the  consequences and hopefully the benefit of leaving the henna on overnight.  I saw only positive points about keeping it on overnight so I took the towel off my head, loosend the cling film a little, popped on a woolly hat and jumped back into bed!


6.  I got out of bed at 7.30am and rinsed out each of the 10 sections of my hair, applying HEHH conditioner to each section before moving onto the next.  Man it's messy!!!

7. Next I rinsed out the conditioner and put my hair into 4 sections.  I then decided to shampoo with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo leaving the shampoo in each section, moving onto the next and then rinsing each individual section.

8.  I then deep conditioned my hair using 8 heaped teaspoons of Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner mixed with 2 x teaspoons of castor oil and 2 x teaspoons of Roux Porosity Control Conditioner/Corrector and sat underneath steamer for 30mins before rinshing out with cool water, followed by a final rinse with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner.

9.  I left a teeshirt on my hair to soak up excess moisture for 10 mins, applied my leave ins and airdried.  When my hair is 80-90% dry I will detangle with my Hercules Sagemann Jumbo Rake comb and either set my hair in 5 x flat twists or air dry with my hair hanging down and then pin curl.  Decisions.........decisions......

Results:

It's now 12pm and my hair is currently still air drying as I type this but I can tell that the colour is great, best of all my greys are no longer grey!  My hair feels strong but as it's not dry yet I cannot comment on the softness at the moment but so far it feels good.   I'm please to say that shampooing out the henna mix reduced the rinsing time than if I had cowashed as I usually do.  Thankfully I managed to get the fenugreek out by using a shampoo wash instead of a cowash.

Happy to report that I didn't loose any hair during the henna application, only a small amount when rinsing and washing out.  I lost most hair during the thorough DC application.  Maybe I was a little too thorough!!?!?!??!!!?  I also lost some hair (but not too much) when detangling before the whole process.  Overall, I am not worried about the amount of hair lost during this wash day / henna treatment.

One thing I have noticed since starting to rinse out the henna, my scalp has been itching, mainly in the back.  I hope this isn't some kind of reaction.  It's not too bad so I'll just keep and eye on it for now....

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig