Friday 8 July 2011

PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: Hercules Sagemann Jumbo Rake Comb

PRODUCT OF THE MONTH:  July 2011

"This comb truly is one of the best tools I have purchased to date since being on my hair journey"

I had long lusted after the jumbo rake after seeing a post on From Short To Long's blog and previous ones where she had mentioned the benefits of using bone and seamless hard rubber combs.  I was sick of the feeling I used to get when combing through my hair with my old detangling wide tooth comb, to me if felt a little rough so I really felt I could be doing better for the health of my hair by changing my wide tooth comb to a Sagemann Comb.  

To be fair, my previous comb had served me pretty well in the past with my relaxed hair but since transitioning to texlaxed hair, it just wasn't good enough.  I felt like I was loosing more hair than necessary and this was prior to my recent excessive shedding phase.  I dread to think what state my hair would have been in if I had experienced that level of shedding whilst I was using a cheap mass produced comb?!?!?!?

For about a month I searched and searched the internet for a supplier in the UK that could supply the jumbo rake comb and could not find anywhere.  Luckily I found a trusted supplier in Germany on Ebay.  I purchased the jumbo rake, the mini rake and two smaller combs at the beginning of March and got a good deal with combined postage of €4.   The combs arrived within a week, which I thought was great service.

I have not used another comb since I received these and nor do I intend to again.  These combs really are superior in quality and there is zero tugging when you comb your hair using the correct technique.  When using these combs I do not suffer from stress breakage, only shedding.  These combs are seamless and extremely sturdy, they still look brand new with no scratches and no missing or bent teeth.  To me they have been worth every single penny I paid for them.


"Hairdressers and retailers in 70 countries around the globe rely on the quality of the more than 120 different types of combs manufactured in Hamburg. Hercules Sägemann combs with their cone-shaped, finely polished and rounded pins glide softly through the hair, no tangling or knotting, no damage to hair. Like in the past, the comb pins are formed in an elaborative, largely manual process through sawing with diamond cutters. In addition to combs, NYH manufactures numerous high-end components from rubber and thermoplastics." 




Below are pictures of the combs I've purchased:

Jumbo Rake €12.99
(I use this every single wash day!)

Mini Rake Comb = €8.00
(This is my portable rake and is always in my handbag!)
Strahenen Griffstyler 703 = €8.00
(I've probably used this comb twice)

Rat Tail Comb = €7.80
(I never use it due to the teeth being so close together from what I remember the rat tail part is good though)




Come to think of it..... I don't even remember where my rat tail comb is!  Hopefully it will be in my bag of tricks used when getting my chunky braids for my holiday this year?

Even though I only regularly use 50% of the combs I purchased I think they are all great combs.  The craftsmanship is excellent and to be honest, I don't think I could ever put a normal cheap 99p comb in my hair every again.  It makes me shudder just thinking about it, all those raised joins glued together just ready and waiting to rip-out-My-HAIR!!  Yikes!!!!!

If you don't have one of these combs I would definitely recommend getting the Jumbo Rake, it would be a great investment for your hair.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

4 comments

  1. can you please post a link for where you bougth yours from ebay. I'm in the uk and been searching all over for it. Can't buy from hotcombs as they require a credit card and I dont have one...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Onyeka Alaku
    Hi, I've had a look on my eBay purchase history and the seller is no longer available.

    The following link is for a UK website which sells Hercules combs but they don't have the Jumbo rake

    www.quartzhb.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=30&q=

    I will keep looking though as I want one for a give away on my blog. ..... If I find one in the UK I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Onyeka Alaku
    Hi, I've had a look on my eBay purchase history and the seller is no longer available.

    The following link is for a UK website which sells Hercules combs but they don't have the Jumbo rake

    www.quartzhb.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=30&q=

    I will keep looking though as I want one for a give away on my blog. ..... If I find one in the UK I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig