Tuesday 12 July 2011

Indian Hair Oils To Revisit (3 & 4): Hesh Shikakai & Mahabringaraj Herbal Hair Oils

"Hesh Mahabhringaraj & Shikakai Herbal Hair Oils are two other Indian oils that I have in my stash.  I hadn't even gotten around to opening these until last night, despite having both of these for over 8 months!  I think  I never used them as I only brought the shikakai oil because I couldn't find anywhere that sold shikakai powder and then stumbled across the shikakai powder in Tesco.  Since then I have only used the natural powders and completey overlooked the oil."


It Claims:
Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil

Shikakai Enriched Herbal Hair Oil contains extract of shikakai which is known for its natural cleansing and non-greasy properties.    This oil incorporates shikakai with other benficial herbs, which combat the build-up of sebum on your scalp, to help hair grow beautifully and healthily.  A blend of natural oils like coconut, castor and sandal, it provides complete nourishment to your hair and scalp.

Massage gently into the scalp and hair using circular motions for a few minutes and leave on overnight.

Ingredients:
Mineral Vegetable Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil Oil, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai) Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Parfum, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone,Extract Of: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera); Plyllanthus Emblica (Amla); Centella Asiatica (Brahmi); Eclipta Prostrate (Maka); Melia Azadirachta (Neem); Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi); Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, Santalum Album (Sandal) Oil, BHT, Cl 47000, Cl 26100, Cl61565.


It Claims:
Mahabhringaraj Herbal Hair Oil

Natural nourishing herbal hair oil for thick, strong and healthy-looking, beautiful dark hair.  Provides healthy nourishment to weak hair roots, dry scalp and hair.  Extract bhringaraj (maka), hansraj, gunja, patola, curry leaf, indrayan, bawachi & other herbs and natural oils like avocado, almond, coconut, sweet basil, german chamomile and thyme.  Incorporate maka with other beneficial herbs, which on regular application provide healthy nourishment to dry scalp and weak hair roots. With a blend of quality natural oils like avocado, sweet almond and coconut, it ensures deeper oil penetration to moisturise and provide thick, strong and healthy-looking, dark lustrous hair.  Regular or prolonged use on lighter hair may result in some darkening of the natural hair colour.
Massage gently into the scalp and hair using circular motions for a few minutes and leave on overnight.


Ingredients:
Sesamum Indicum (Til) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Eclipta Prostrate (Maka, Bhrigaraj) Extract, Extract Of: Adiantum Capillus Veneris (Hansraj); Abrus Precatorius (Gunja); Trichosanthes Cucumerina (Patola); Murraya Koenigii (Curry Leaf); Plyllanthus Emblica (Amla); Terminalia Bellerica (Behda); Centella Asiatica (Brahmi); Vetiveria Zizanioides (Cuscusgrass); Terminalia Chebula (Harde); Citrullus Colocynthis (Indrayan); Curcuma Zedoaria (Kachura); Ocimum Basilicum (Murwo); Cyperus Rotundus (Nagarmotha); Rosa Damascene (Rose); Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi); Psoralea Corylifolia (Bawachi); Nardostachys Jatamansi (Jatamansi), Hedychium Spicatum (Kapurkachri), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Sweet Basil) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (German Chamomile) Oil; Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Mct), Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Cl 47000, Cl 61565, Cl 26100



How I Plan To Incorporate These Products:

As you can see from the ingredients lists above, both of these oils have mineral oil in them and a whole lot of other ingredients. 

For now, I think I will incorporate both of these as yet unused oils into my regimen for pre poo treatments.  I will prepoo for 1-3hrs with the shikakai oil (or add it to my deep conditioner) and overnight with the mahabringraj oil.  I may also add them to my henna gloss mixes if I like the pre poo effects.

After opening the packs yesterday I can say that I am more keen on the scent of the mahabringraj oil over the scent of the shikakai oil which smells kinda foodish to me.  Hence the reason for only wanting to add it to my deep conditioner (to mask the smell) or prepoo with it for only a few hours as opposed to overnight.

I'm really interested to see how my hair gets along with both of these oils.

Ciao 4 Now



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig