Sunday 4 September 2016

Transformed ~ The Toni Daley Blow Dry Unit Can Be Curled!



"One evening whilst perusing the Instagram accounts in my feed I stumbled across a post on Toni's page where her niece Keisha had curled her Toni Daley Blow Dry unit using perm rods."

My mind set to work quick time - I have rods and I have the Blow Dry Unit which I reviewed here so yep, I'ma need to do this!"



Here is a reminder of what the Blow Dry Unit looked like before this little experiment...




In her tutorial Keisha created beautiful tight neat coils which resulted in a lovely curly fro.  

I'm a huge fan of messy unstructured hair, so I wanted a more blown out soft set to my unit.  So after thoroughly combing through the unit I lightly two strand twisted the hair before loosely adding eight perm rods (5 large at the front and 3 small in the back).  I performed the curling process whilst wearing the unit so I could see where the curls would lay and the direction they would fall in.  

Once I was ready to set the hair I removed the unit and dipped the perm rods into hot water from the kettle which I had placed into a heatproof bowl. I dipped each rod for 5-10 seconds.   I then laid the unit on a towel to dry a little whilst I finished getting dressed.  




As is usually the case, I started this process whilst I was supposed to be getting ready for an afternoon out so I didn't have a lot of time to take photos.  

I popped the unit back onto my head, the rodded sections where cool but still a bit wet.  I carefully unraveled the eight sections.  The dipped sections at the ends of the unit was still a little wet so I grabbed a towel and blotted dry before shaking my head and carefully separating the curled ends. 




I have also discovered that although the Blow Dry Unit is a half-wig, it can be worn as a full wig.  I have a seriously small amount of hair left out at the front and sides, it is basically just baby hairs whatever doesn't fit into my twists I moisturise and tease it forward with the palm of my hands and then use that to bridge the gap between my hair and the unit.




I absolutely love the end result!  It's glamorous and looks like it could be my own hair.




A great thing I discovered about this unit is that it incredibly versatile as a week after curling the unit I fancied wearing it straight again.  So I grabbed my hair dryer with the comb attachment and blow dried it straight again.  




I have been flitting between straight and curly with this unit and will be doing so for the foreseeable - I'm well and truly hooked!

Next I think I will re-vamp my Big Chop unit as I plan to wear that again this winter.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

26 comments

  1. This unit looks so natural, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether straight or curled up, I think this length of unit looks very pretty on you. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair transplant in India is very suitable and low cost. Visit Focus hair transplant centre and get the Affordable hair surgery. Our clinic is having all the latest techniques for hair transplant surgery which helps to increase the success rate of hair transplant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep Sharing such wonderful article.

    Cost of Hair Transplant in India

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for best and Affordable Hair Transplant in India from the best team of surgeons then make an appointment with Dr. Vjs Hair Transplant Centre and get finest and low-cost hair transplant treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good blog! your hairs looking fabulous
    Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic is one of the best Hair restoration clinic offering hair transplant in Dubai. FUE, FUT & PRP at an affordable price for men & women.
    Best Hair Transplant Clinic in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. An equipment glitch brought down the gift page usefulness, back-end announcing apparatuses, and the sparkling new constant pioneer sheets and information representation, across the board singular motionjogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school
    abcya games 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It reduces hairfall significantly by offering more protection from damage.  (BLACKWOOD FOR MEN)

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://www.aacsh.com/about-us/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your article, very informative and userinformatic info are mentioned. For Hair aging problem solution also a best Hair aging solution. Keepit up bro to share more article like that. Thanks for sharing this ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Professional Accounting Firms In Dubai, UAE : Intellectca
    https://intellectca.ae/accounting/
    The Intellect Chartered Accountants is a leading firm of Chartered Accountants & Auditors in UAE with 21+ years of management experience. Our quality is our prime motto and hence we work on client-specific needs. We provide services like Auditing,Accounting ,VAT, Banking Service, Golden Visa, Liquidation, Business Consultancy, Management & any Financial & Business Solutions. We are registered auditors in Dubai Mainland, Dubai Chamber, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in most of the 64 free zones across the UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best Financial Auditing Consultant Services Dubai, UAE : Intellectca
    The Intellect Chartered Accountants is a leading firm of Chartered Accountants & Auditors in UAE with 21+ years of management experience. Our quality is our prime motto and hence we work on client-specific needs. We provide services like Auditing,Accounting ,VAT, Banking Service, Golden Visa, Liquidation, Business Consultancy, Management & any Financial & Business Solutions. We are registered auditors in Dubai Mainland, Dubai Chamber, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in most of the 64 free zones across the UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read your essay and found it to be very useful and user-friendly. A good Hair ageing solution is also a good Hair ageing solution. Keep it up, man, and keep sharing articles like these. Thank you for sharing this.iphone 11 repair dubai

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig