Thursday 3 February 2011

Wash Day 2

My Hair Today:  
After wearing my hair in a pinned up bantu knot out, I wore my hair in two French braids today.  This style took me approx 5mins to complete this morning.  I have not combed my hair since last Thursday although I did detangle throughly on Monday night.

Pre-Poo Routine: 
I then parted my hair into 4 x sections and detangled slightly then I sprayed a little Mane 'n' Tail Detangler into each section and detangled fully.  This method is great for me and I lose hardly any strands this way.  Next I applied warmed coconut oil and warmed Dabur Amla Oil to each section, paying particular attention to my ends and then twisted each section into a bantu knot and secured with a  bobby piin in each bantu knot.  I left the oils on my hair for about 30mins.

Wash Routine:
Today I cowashed my hair in the 4 x sections using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.  I cowashed my hair twice and then did a quick protein treatment using Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.  I then applied my deep conditioner (which I had to make twice today as stupid me, I dropped the first batch all over the floor - meh!!!).  Today my DC consisted of Keracare Humecto (I think I've brought a dodgy bottle as it is soooo watery, I'm really not feeling this conditioner at the moment, although I have used it before and liked it much more!), 2 x teaspoons Roux Porosity Control Conditioner/Corrector, 2 x teaspoons of organic Hemp Oil and 6 x drops of Rosemary essential oils.  I then covered my hair with cling film and then let the DC sit on my hair for 30mins under my heated conditioning cap, still in 4 sections.

I'm really not feeling doing my hair today so all my steps will be quicker - apart from my detangling, I always take my time with that regardless!!! 

Final Steps:
After rinsing out the deep conditioner I left the towel on my hair for 5mins and then applied my leave in's in the same order as in Wash Day 1 making sure to keep my hair in the same 4 sections:
  1. Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin
  2. Aphogee Provitamin Leave In Conditioner
  3. Chi Keratin Mist
  4. Kimmytube's Leave-In (I tweaked the recipe an by using Herbal Essence Beautiful Ends Cream,  JBCO, emp Oil & 1 Macadamia oil) check out Kimmytube here.  This girl REALLY knows her stuff and is really lovely!!! 
  5. CHI Silk Infusion

I then sealed with Argan oil and applied a little Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my scalp to soften my regrowth.  I then let my hair air dry slightly in 4 sections then applied CHI Iron Guard as I plan to go out this weekend and wear my clip-in extensions so I blowdried slightly using a wide tooth comb (mainly at the roots to tame my regrowth and texlaxed hair) then flat ironed.

This whole process through to this stage took me all evening, but is broken down as follows:

Pre-poo = 30mins
Cowash = 10mins
Deep Condition = 30mins with heat
Products & Detangling = 10mins

I also did a quick length check and took some photos. Nite Nite x

Ciao 4 Now!!!
 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig