"I've had two wash days since my last relaxer day, both of which went without a hitch or insane shedding, which is always welcome."
Below are the steps I followed during each:
Wash Day: 30.03.13
My first wash day following my relaxer was pretty straight forward. Usually this wash at 1 week post consists of a chelating neutralising shampoo to ensure that all relaxer is out of my hair and that it is at a normal ph level. Therefore, I proceeded as follows:-
1. Deep conditioned on dry hair I using a mixture of ORS Replenishing Conditioner mixed with a little Roux Porosity control. When I apply this mixture of conditioner I rarely make up a batch anymore as there is little point, I just mix the two conditioners together on my palms and then apply to my hair section by section. As my hair was straight from the flat-iron and recent relaxer I washed my hair in just two sections.
2. I sat under my steamer for 30 minutes without a cap with the conditioner on my hair before rinsing out in the shower.
|You can see in the last picture just how much texture is left in my hair. I am really happy with the texlax results I got during my recent relaxer.|
3. I then washed my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and a little Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo so as not to strip my hair. I did one lather before rinsing out both sections and applying my conditioners.
4. The conditioners I applied on this wash day were Nutrine Garlic Conditioner (to reduce shedding), which I applied mainly to the roots as I am trying to stretch this product. It's my last bottle and I can only purchase it from the USA. I also applied Elasta QP Intense to the length and ends of my hair as I am trying to use this up as I have two bottles.
5. I then applied my leave-ins Aphogee Green Tea Resctructurizer, Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, EVCO, Grapeseed Oil and sealed with Organix Argan Oil serum to the length of my hair and Organix Coconut Milk Serum to my ends and hairline.
The following day I went through my hair and put in my Caruso steam setters to straighten out my hair and smooth my ends. This worked a treat and made it far easier to bun my hair for the week.
|TOP: Caruso roller setting my hair. BOTTOM RIGHT: Total amount of hair lost during 31.03.13 wash day.|
This was day was my first wash day trying out my new Chrome Shower Filter Handle from Aquatiere. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I would be making a purchase when I had made up my mind which one to buy. I went for this model after speaking to their sales representative on the phone. This was the perfect choice for my needs! The water flow from this handle is far better than the previous model I had. I love it and I've noticed a difference in my hair and skin straight away.
Wash Day: 07.04.13
This wash day was all about adding strength by replacing the protein lost from my hair during the relaxer process. In addition to this my focus was on making sure I incorporated a tea rinse to combat shedding. My shedding has been very low this week which is great, but I want to make sure I keep on top of it by doing these tea rinses regularly as part of my schedule i.e. at least every other wash day.
|This is how I wore my hair last Saturday (prior to wash day on Sunday).|
1. I deep conditioned on dry hair using ORS Replenishing Conditoner mixed with Roux Porosity Control Conditioner & Corrector using the same process as the wash day above.
2. I then sat under my steamer for 30mins without a cap.
I tried something different this time, I added a few drops of vinegar to the water. I used regular malt vinegar as I didn't want to add my ACV which I purchased from Ostlers Cider Mill as it contains the 'mother' in it [which looks gross by the way!]. The last time I put this stuff into an appliance (my Caruso steam setter) it had damn ACV particles in it for months! I will buy some more ACV to use with my steamer but I will get the more refined stuff which doesn't contain the 'mother' in an attempt to save my appliance from grossness!
3. After steaming I cowashed out the deep conditioner. I didn't use any additional conditioner, just the ORS that was already in my hair.
4. After all the conditioner was rinsed out of my hair which remained in two sections, I poured my brew of lukewarm black tea onto my scalp and hair and left it for 5 minutes before adding Redken Deep Fuel protein treatment on top, which I left on for 10 minutes as instructed on the tube.
5. When the 10 minutes had passed I rinsed the protein treatment and black tea rinse out and immediately followed up with my moisturising deep conditioner, Keracare Humecto. I then sat under my steamer again for 15 minutes this time with regular plain water.
6. I then rinsed out the deep conditioner with warm water, following with a shot of cold water all over my scalp and then covered with a TShirt for 45 minutes to soak up all the excess moisture. It was bedtime so I didn't have time to wait hours for my hair to dry.
I then applied my leave-ins in this order, Infusium 23 Maximum Body Formula, Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, EVCO, Organix Argan Oil Serum on the length of my hair and Organix Coconut Milk Serum on the ends and hairline and finally Keracare Oil Moisturiser (which I forgot to add so added after detangling). I then detangled using my HS Jumbo Rake comb and put my hair into two low pony tails to straighten my tex-laxed roots, two strand twisted the ends and then put on my scarf before jumping into bed.
|TOP: My hair the morning after wash day still in two pony tails with the ends two-strand twisted. BOTTOM: My hair in a bun, which is how it has remained all week.|
In the morning my hair was still damp in places so I just scooped my hair back into a low bun and went got myself off to work!
|Total amount of hair lost during 07.04.13 wash day.|
Again, I won't be adding heat to my hair this week I will just keep bunning for the rest of the week and maybe throw in a different protective style here of there so my hair is not always being held back.
This week signaled the start of my growth aide application. I have been applying Bee Mine Growth Serum every other or once every two to three days. I don't want my hair and scalp to be too greasy so I will apply as and when for the next four weeks.
Ciao 4 Now