"Last week my wash day was a day or so late.....this week I opted to bring it forward by a day or so"
These are the steps I followed for this shampoo wash:
1. I lightly finger detangled, sectioned my hair into two and then applied my deep conditoner mix of ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Roux Porosity control followed by AVJ.
2. I then sat under my steamer for 30mins before covering my hair with a plastic cap and towel and left the deep conditioner on for an additional 2hrs whilst I did my nails. My hair felt soft afterwards, maybe too soft almost mushy. I think this down to the addition of AVJ as my hair felt very similar to this last week when I added AVJ to the Elasta QP Intense conditioner.
3. I then rinsed out the deep conditioner and shampoo'd with KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo followed by a mix of KeraCare and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.
4. As my hair felt kinda mushy I did a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Step Keratin Treatment which I left in for about 3-4 mins before rinsing out. I followed this with a moisturising deep conditioner KeraCare Humecto, which I left on for 5 mins. I didn't think I needed to add this step but I did anyway as it's the done thing to follow protein with moisture.
5. After rinsing out the conditioner I covered my hair with a TShirt and left it on for about 40minutes to soak up the additional moisture. I then applied my leave ins and detangled,
6. After detangling I blowdried my hair using the tension method and then flat ironed my hair.
I flat ironed because I was going for a night out with my sister and planned to wear my clip ins. After flat ironing and putting in half of the clip ins I decided that I didn't really need them and wore my own hair. Unfortunately I didn't really take any pictures of my hair bt this is a link to one my sister posted on Instagram.
I did plan on doing a tea rinse during this wash day but I realised when I was about to jump into the shower, that I had actually forgotten to make the brew - so I skipped it. My hair has been shedding noticeably but I'm hoping that is down to me just noitciing the shedding as my hair is a) straight and b) loose. I'll do a tea rinse next wash day.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures today as I was super busy.....
Ciao 4 Now