"Posting this one a little late cos I just never got around to it to be honest!"
Wash day was the first proper wash day since taking out my kinky twists on 28.10.11. It was nice not having to contend with the tangles and mass shedding which having my hair in braids results in.
1. Detangled with Mane and Tail Detangler and some grapeseed oil.
I lost hardly any hair during this process and any hair that came out was shed hair.
2. Pre-poo'd with hemp seed oil.
Oooooh how I missed you my beloved hemp seed oil!
3. Deep conditioned and I CAN'T SODDING REMEMBER what I used - grrrrr!!! I used my heat cap for 1hr. I think the concoction had whatever conditioner I used, 2 x tsp honey, 2 x tsp Hemp Seed Oil & 2 x tsp Grapeseed Oil.
I'm so mad with myself that I can't remember the conditioner! That'll teach me a lesson for not posting sooner...or making notes! What makes it worse is whatever it was my hair fel sooooo gooooooooooood during application, whilst it was in and after I washed it out! How is it that I remember running out of the mix and having to make more but I can't remember the main ingredient!? Yes, I am obsessing....it's in my nature..
I remember now......it was my Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil treatment. Only remembered because I recalled using a spoon to scoop out the conditioner - yaaay!!!
4. Co-washed the conditioner out then followed this up with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor. I followed this with an ACV final rinse.
My hair felt so yummy and soft at this stage (",)
5. Added leave-ins,Aphogee Green Tea Restructuriser, HEBE Leave In, CHI Silk Infusion. I sealed with a little Grapseed oil and added some CHI Iron Guard heat protectant then air dried to 70% before detangling.
6. After fully detangling I blow-dried my hair using the tension method.
The tension method went great this time. I don't know if it is my new hair dryer or the fact that my hair is so much healthier. I will defo be doing this again whilst wearing my wigs until I get it plaited!
|Total shed hair|
|Rubbish picture of my tension dried hair on the right and my normal texture on the left.|
|Same as above|
|Nape, with my wash clips|
|Just check out that new growth!!|
|My shrinkage is crazy! Prob can't see that I am stretching the right hand side.|
Ciao 4 Now