Wednesday 21 September 2011

Wash Day Diary 21.09.11

"Today my hair, especially my new growth (of which I have at least 1.5inches since my last relaxer in mid June 2011) are feeling very dry.  I think it's time some moisture in the form of a cowash."


















As I took my kinky twists out last Friday I decided to do a protein treatment.  I wasn't at home so I had to improvise a little.  Luckily I had some ORS Replenishing Conditioner, which I mixed with a couple of tablespoons of EVOO and heated in the microwave until nicely warm.

Once warmed, I mixed the conditioner until it fully emulsified and then applied to my hair in four sections, plaited and secured with my wash clips.  I then covered my hair with cling film and then a towel and left it on for just over an hour.

I decided that I didn't actually need to cowash my hair so I just rinsed out the deep conditioner and then applied my strengthening leave in mix (Aphogee Provitamin Leave In Conditioner, Infusion 23 and water mixed in a spray bottle) and Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Treatment and sealed with coconut oil and air dried.  Once 80-90% dry I detangled each section.

Now, let me tell you, I lost hardly any hair whatsoever in this wash process.

Total Shed Hair  (Bottom ~ Detangling prior to wash, Middle ~ During wash, Top ~ Detangling after wash)

All shed hair grouped together

Above but compacted


The tiny amount lost shocked me.  So much so that I thought, heck - if it aint broke don't fix it and this prompted me to make the decision to put my kinky twists back in again.  Initially I was hesistant to do so because I don't know how I will cope with the new growth at the end of having these new twists in for 5-6 weeks but hey, judging by the amount of hair lost, I'm willing to see what happens and tackle the new growth - very carefully.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig