Saturday 17 September 2011

My HAIR This Week



Picture taken the week before I took out the Kinky Twists
"I decided to take out my kinky twists on Friday and it took me ages to get them out."





















I decided to take the twists out in four sections (i.e. the sections used to relax) I started off well with carefully detangling each braid and then coating the strands in coconut conditioner.  Once I had about 5 or so braids undone, I twisted them together.  This worked well for the two back sections but by the time I got to the front two sections I was fed up with the whole process and started detangling after taking out all the braids in that section!  This worked out okay but I think the one-by-one system worked out better for the detangling process overall.

After taking out the kinky twists I was happy with the following:
  • The amount of hair I lost during the detangling process
  • The feel of my hair





I decided that as my hair was still pretty clean and had hardly any build up, that I would be able to get away with a cowash, instead of a shampoo wash. 

I started by prepooing my hair with  to cowash with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner and Vatika Strengthening Hot Oil Treatment mixed with a tablespoon of castor oil.  I then sat under my heat cap for 1hr with the conditioner on my hair.  I then started to cowash with Alberto Balsam Raspberry conditioner, starting on one of the sections at the back but felt a little dry so decided to shampoo wash with Elasta QP Conditioning Creme Shampoo instead.  This was a great idea and my hair felt great after the wash.

I then proceeded to deep condition my hair with Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and sat under my heat cap for another hour.  I would have slept with this on overnight but I had to go out the next morning to go and get our new dog, 2yr old GSP bitch whom we've named Macey!


Anyway, back to all things hair......

After rinsing out my hair, I proceeded to add my leave ins, a little Bee Mine Luscious and then air dried for an hour and a half or so.  Next, I proceeded to detangle my hair carefully in sections.  The back of my hair was really easy to detangle, however the front two sections were quite matted in some areas.  I lost minimal hair during the detantling (at 80-90% dry) but I really did take my time with it!  I was up until 3am doing it!!!

I will add some pics at a later date showing the total amount of hair lost during the 6 week period of having the kinky twists in as I don't have my camera with me at the moment.

In the end, my hair looked full, soft and clean.  I was really impressed with the kinky twist experience overall.  I am still unsure of what my next step will be with regards to relaxing in two weeks or re twisting in a weeks time......


Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig