Sunday 7 August 2011

I Took Out My Weave!!!

"Man oh man, this weave has been doing my head in for many reasons so I decided it just had to go!!!"










All this week I have been having issues with this damn weave. Not only was the shedding driving me nuts but more importantly, the texture of my leave out was really concerning me.  It was sooooooooo drrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy almost crispy to touch, despite being moisturised.  It was also starting to shed more than it had been in the previous 3 weeks.  These things were enough to send me straight into deinstall mode....

I removed the weave, the net and then lastly the thread holding together my braid using a seam ripper.  Unfortunately I managed to remove a small bit of hair whilst removing the thread but it was only a small amount and it consisted of my relaxed ends so no real drama there.  I lost a fair bit of hair due to shedding but less than I imagined I would and certainly less than I would have during a 4 week period without having my hair in a protective style.

My hair which was cornrowed under the weave was so beautifully moisturised when I took it out.  It was soft, shiny and really clean.

After taking out of the cornrows I finger combed each section, slathered the section in HEBE conditioner and then detangled using my Hercules Sagemann Mini Rake comb.  I then twisted together every three to four plaits and then secured at the end with my wash clips.

As I had washed my hair on Monday, I decided not to shampoo wash my hair today:

  • Prepoo with HEBE conditioner followed by coconut oil for 20mins after detangling cornrows
  • Cowash in sections using Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner
  • Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
  • Deep condition with LeKlair Cholesterol mixed with 2 x tsp of Alter Ego, 2 x tsp evoo, 1 x tsp castor oil, covered with clingfilm and left on for 1hr under my electric heat cap
  • Rinsed with cool water
  • Applied Aphogee ProVitamin Leave In Conditioner, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer before air drying
  • Halfway through air drying I applied Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk as a leave in
  • Once air dried I applied Bee Mine Luscious Balanced moisturiser then sealed with coconut oil and castor oil

My hair feels great.  Really moisturised and strong but also soft and really thick.  I am really in love with how my hair feels out of this weave and think that protective styling for me with minimal manipulation is good for my hair.  I don't think I will be doing a weave again though.


Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig