Monday 15 August 2011

Kinky Twist Wash Day 14.08.11 (Shampoo Wash)

"After a week of moisturising my hair almost every day, I think it's time for a shampoo wash today.  I'm a little concerned about the twists slipping but I can always reattach them if they do slip during the wash process".



1.  Sectioned hair into two loose and equal bunches.

2.  Measured 1oz of Roux Porosity Control Shampoo and mixed with 2oz of warm/hot water in an applicator bottle and applied it liberally to my roots and a little to the lengths of my hair.

3.  Massaged  very gently throughout my roots and left on for 2-3mins before thoroughly rinsing out of my roots and the twists.

4.  Measured 1oz of Mane and Tail Replenishing Conditioner and 1oz of Nutrine Garlic Conditioner with 6oz of warm water before generously applying to the roots and lengths of my hair.

5.  Left on for 5mins or so before rinsing thoroughly and placed a towel on my head to soak up the excess water (of which there was loads!!!).

6.  Sprayed on my leave in mix of 50% Infusium 23 and water.

7.  Sprayed Hot Six Oil Mist to seal.




Today I didn't have time to deep condition my hair as we decided to go to The Science Museum in London which was great. 

My hair took AGES to dry, all together I think it was about 2hrs +!!!  I'm also not sure whether I managed to get all the conditioner out of my hair.  I rinsed for ages but whilst I was out I squeezed a few of the braids and think I could see / smell some conditioner in them.   I took out a braid in the front and
reattached it and couldn't see any conditioner on my hair when I did so, so perhaps it's all in my mind....?
I have returned home now and feel that my hair could do with a shot of moisture so I will give it a quick spray with either my moisturing spritz or some Bee Mine Juicy and seal in with some EVCO.
I think I will cowash my hair on Wednesday and deep condition it with either cholesterol or moisturising conditioner mixed with oil.

I'm pleased that I also experienced no slippage of the twists which is great!

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig