Saturday 2 April 2011

Wash Day 11: Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment


After my last wash day I experienced some difficulty in detangling my new-growth and an unpleasent 'coated' feeling to my hair. I decided that this is my hair telling me that it is time to relax my hair.   This being the case, I decided to wash my hair and carry out a hard protein treatment in preparation for my relaxer next week.




My HAIR today:
Is in two flat twists.   I feel like I have a ton of regrowth on the crown of my head and my nape area is itching like mad!!!! I have also spotted two split ends in my nape area.  I never have really been a sufferer of split ends before.  I hope this is not a typical occurance with texlaxed hair, which has a dryer coarser texture than bone straight relaxed hair.

Pre-Poo Routine:
I didn't prepoo today as I wasn't sure whether I should when doing a hard protein treatment.  I did however, detangle as I always do in sections.  I decided to section into 6 sections (secured into three two strand twists on each side).  I then held each two strand twist in place on my scalp with a mini claw clip.

Wash Routine:
I washed each individual section of my hair with Aphogee Shampoo For Dry & Damaged Hair. This is a protein shampoo and leaves the hair feeling very clean but not stripped.  I rinsed the shampoo from my hair by rinsing each section then I put a towel on my hair for 10mins.

Protein Treatment:
1.  I poured a suitable amount of the Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment into a spray bottle as it's easier to apply this way. 
2.  Next I unwound each section and detangled lightly.
3.  I then sprayed the protein treatment into the roots, lengths and ends of my hair making sure to saturate each strand whilst smooting with my hands.  I decided that combing through with this amount of new-growth was not a viable option today if I wanted to avoid uncessary breakage!!!
4.  I then clipped each section of my hair up using the mini claw clips and wiped all the drips of the protein treatment from my face and neck (and curtains!!!  Don't ask!!!!) and then sat under a hot hooded dryer for about 30mins until the protein treatment was hard on my hair.  When the protein treatment is hard in your hair you must be careful not to aggitate the hair as it is likely to break easily in this rock hard state.
5.  After the 30mins had passed I carefully moved from under the dryer and carefully rinsed the treatment from my hair.
6.  I then followed up the treatment with a little Roux Porosity Control Conditioner & Corrector for one minute and then put a towel on my head for 10mins.
7. After 10mins, I applied som Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner and sat under the dryer with a shower cap on my hair for 1hr.

Final Steps:
After rinsing the deep conditioning treatment from my hair I applied my leave ins and blow dried using my new Toni & Guy hairdryer for afro hair which comes with a pik comb (I am pretty impressed with this hairdryer and will do a review after using it a few more times).

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

1 comment

  1. Hi I have 2 questions. Does Aphoghee restore high porosity?

    And if your hair has become straight after damage from highlights/bleach will it restore it back to the natural curl formation of your hair? in other words Will Aphoghee help with getting your hair back to naturally curly hair?

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig