"I started the take down process for my crochet braids on Saturday afternoon. I am always surprised at how much easier and quicker these are to take down than the kinky twists."
First things first, I made a point of reminding myself of exactly how many weeks post relaxer I am - which is a few days shy of 11 weeks post! I will not be making the same mistake as my last take down of kinky twists where I did pretty mych everything wrong!
Below are a few photos of the process.
|I unbraided the first braid, detangled and two strand twisted the hair.|
|It took me 3 hours to take out the hair and detangle ready for my wash day.|
- Deep conditioned with a mixture of ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Roux Porosity Control, Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor, Silk Amino Acid Powder and Grapeseed Oil. I applied this to my hair in four sections and then sat under my steamer for 40 minutes before rinsing out.
- I then shampooed out the conditioner in sections using Paul Mitchel Super Strong Daily Shampoo and a little Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.
- I then applied Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Conditioner a section at a time and rinsed out before moving onto the next section.
- I completey forgot to do a tea rinse - oops!
- I then deep conditioned for about 5 minutes using KeraCare Humecto before rinsing out.
- My leave-ins applied were Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, sealed with EVCO and applied KeraCare Oil Moisturiser. I then added some Organix Coconut Milk Serum and Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Serum before lightly detangling and then left to air dry in sections over night.
- The following morning I spritzed with Aloe Vera Juice and appllied some Bee Mine Luscious before scooping my hair into a bun which is what I will be rocking for the week to follow.
|This is the total amount of hair that I lost during take down, deep conditioining, washing and detangling! Not bad at all for me especially after being in the protective style for 5 weeks.|
I'm not 100% sure of what my plans are for my hair for the coming weeks but I think I will be relaxing my hair in a couple of weeks and updating my hair with some bangs! I also need a major trim - I feel like I need to take off an inch all over ready for Spring!
Ciao 4 Now