Tuesday 19 June 2012

Wash Day Diary @ 10 Weeks Post: 19.06.12 ~ Yet Another Kinky Twist Wash Day


"Just a quick wash day today."










These are the steps I followed:




1.  Shampoo'd with diluted Toni & Guy Model Me. Jamelia Enriching Shampoo mixed with a little Africa's Best Herbal Oil.

2.  Applied Black Tea Rinse left on for 5mins and didn't rinse it out.


3.  Next I applied diluted Mane 'n' Tail Conditioner which I mixed with a little more of the Africa's Best Herbal oil.  I only applied this to the length of my braids and not to the scalp or the knots of the braids/twists.  I left this on for 5-10mins before rinsing out.

4.  Left to air dry before lightly spraying with diluted Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier.

That's all folks!!

Taken of soaking wet hair straight out of the shower.

Taken after almost 3 hours of air drying.  It's still damp but I am on my way to bed regardless!!   As you can see the newgrowth is coming along nicely (",)  In the third picture you can see the braids/twists right below my fingers are tighter than the others.  These two braids were redone last week as they were bothering me due to loosening from the amount and thickness of the new growth.

EDIT:  20.06.12
My new growth was feeling pretty dry all day today, so when I got home I gave it a thorough spritzing with my homemade spritz which is made with loads of water, about a tablespoon of glycerine, about a teaspoon of regular castor oil and 5 drops of peppermint essential oil.  I certainly did the trick and I now have soft and moisturised new growth (",)


Ciao 4 Now
Share:

6 comments

  1. Can't wait to see your growth! The ease of your wash day makes me want some braids now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ebony! I The simplicity of your wash day is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @EbonyCPrincess

    I am interested to see how much growth I have achieved but most importantly how much I have retained! I know that will have the scissors out again though - I want to keep on top of maintaining my ends.

    I really love your new synthetic U-Part. Have you ever had braids since the start of your HHJ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MrsDjRass

    It is so easy and super quick!!! It is so nice to know that each wash day doesn't involve almost an hour of detangling beforehand and another hour during air-drying (",)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenijen

    Hehehehee (",) I do miss my experimenting sometimes though...!

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig