"I haven’t posted my previous wash day diary as I never got around to it….
I can’t even remember the exact date which is probably because it wasn’t preplanned. I got home from work one evening around the beginning of the month and realised that I had some serious matting going on in my nape area so plans for the evening where shelved and I got on with my impromptu wash day tout suite!"
This is going to be a rather short post because I was on auto pilot and wasn’t focused on documenting the process; I was way more interested in avoiding more matting and hair loss.
Luckily, despite the matting in the nape, detangling both prior to and post wash was pretty easy! I lost the same amount of hair that I have in the past few months so all in all a pretty uneventful wash day, even though it had all the initial signs of being a NIGHTMARE!
Keeping hair in 10 sections throughout;
- Detangled with EVCO and Mane n Tail Detangler
- Used ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 30mins on dry hair without heat
- Rinsed my hair whilst in braids, which were held with clips on the ends.
- Shampooed my scalp with diluted Dermax then followed up with Hair One (olive oil formula)
- Used towel to absorb excess water
- Applied leave ins and detangled
- Braided each section
- Protective styling using my OWigs PS-010s, RPG Show CLW-064 (review coming soon), BeShe Drew and Ira units.