Thursday 3 April 2014

My HAIR On My Mind: The Future For My HAIR

 

"Over the past month or so I have reached the decision that I will be taking an extended break from relaxing my hair.  Alongside this, I will be cutting the relaxed/texlaxed ends of my hair off over time.  I am hesitant to say that I am ‘going natural’ but what I can say is that having a relaxer doesn’t feature among my hair plans."



I am continually wearing wigs and plan to install some chunky twists in the coming weeks/months.  It has dawned on me that wearing my hair in these styles does not require my hair to be straight.   

Therefore, seeing as I don’t style my hair in a way which requires me to have these straight ends, I don’t really see the point of continuing to struggle with them on wash days.  It is just taking up way too much of my time, time which will be better spent doing other things.  I dread my lengthy wash days because of the tangle struggle and I put off each episode for as long as possible.  I have cut back my regime considerably from what it once was this has all been in the hopes of reducing my wash days.   It would be a breeze if it wasn’t for the relaxed ends.


Over the past few months as my stretch increased I quickly noticed that my unprocessed hair is much stronger.  It also looks healthier and is thicker than the processed portion.  I think that my hair may benefit from no longer being relaxed.  Besides, it is constantly hidden and in these 10 sections so what is the point of relaxing it?!  It makes no sense to me [or my boyfriend who said ‘You never wear your own hair anyway…you should cut it all off!].

I love wearing my units!  I have invested good money in them and I am enjoying the versatility and speed of styling my 'temporary' hair. I actually have plans to buy another one in the next few months (I fancy a little bit of colour for the summer!) after I finish the review post for the CLW-064 s unit I purchased from RPG Show (picture below is a sneak preview of the unit!).  



Seeing as I am comfortable where I am I see this as the perfect opportunity to start again with my hair.  I’m not ruling out relaxing my hair again – it’s likely that I will either do that or heat-train but for now, protective styling suits me just fine.

In the meantime, I will probably do one final length check at some point on flat ironed hair before I start snipping away the ends gradually.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

15 comments

  1. I'm starting to feel the same way. It's like for healthy relaxed hair I have to stretch. To stretch I have to wear a wig or kinky twists. When I do relax, I can only wear my hear for about 5-6 weeks, then my ng starts to get crazy so I have to put it away for at least the next 8 to whatever weeks. So basically I can only wear my hair as relaxed for about 1/3 of the time. I might as well go natural and straighten my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a lot of sense, you can always relax again if you get sick of your natural hair but you can't undo relaxed hair.

    Look forward to reading about your new mini journey.

    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new venture. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your decision chica! I bet that you have been thinking about this for months. Nothing like a fresh start for Spring/Summer!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  5. @KLP

    I have hun!!! Pretty much decided after the wash day following the one where I was all set to relax my hair, just been taking my time getting from 90-100%. I'm there now...

    I'm not kidding myself that it will be easy. Looking forward to the months ahead.

    Thanks for commenting .

    Txt

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tomes Edition

    Thank you!! I'll need it :)

    I'll definitely keep you posted!

    Thanks for commenting!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Chantelle Emily

    Exactly what I was thinking. This long into a stretch and hiding my hair, it just made sense to see how I cope with it in its natural state....

    Thanks for commenting!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amija

    I hear you!!!!

    I felt exactly the same way..... I also knew that in those 5-6 weeks I'd be missing my units and wanting to wear them but not being able to because of protecting my newly relaxed edges.

    I'm sure you'll decide what works best for you over time. I'll probably be reclaimed again by this time next year! ;)

    Thanks for commenting.

    Tx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you 100%. For me, I've been struggling to grow beyond BSL with relaxed hair for a couple of years now. And I don't mind hiding my hair as much as I thought I would. I'm devoted to saying I am stretching my relaxer because I have not made any grand decisions to "go natural" but I am determined to have long, healthy hair from root to tip that I can manage while working out. So whatever decision that helps me achieve that, I'm going to do! I especially understand Amija's comment. I'll be following right along with you girlie...wigs and all! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I wish you well on your hair journey. I will miss you as another relaxed blogger is also going natural. I hope you still keep up your posts regarding relaxed hair. I love maintaining healthy relaxed hair and I'm not about growth beyond BSL or anything like that. I like to wear my hair out and about so I'm not a big protective style person. When I stretch my relaxers I just do roller sets and bantu knots but I understand some women like protective styles for the ease. I will check in your blog to read about your journey but I really will miss your blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about your relaxed hair that you have difficulty with when working out? There is a fitness model on Instragram I followed and she works out like everyday and maintains her relaxed hair. Have you tried products like Save my do and using coconut oil on your edges to prevent swelling from the sweat. Or cooling your hair down with the cold air from a hair dryer. I know relaxers chemically straightened the hair so even when it's wet it will dry back straight.


    @EbonyCPrincess

    ReplyDelete
  12. @EbonyCPrincess

    Hiya!

    You know I've been keeping up to date with your strech. Like you, Amja's comment rang true for me - my hair was pretty much in protective styles for the most part, I would only wear it out for the first 4 weeks after my relaxer then it would be hidden away for three times as long.

    I may relax my hair again in the future but for now I'm happy to take a detour on my HHJ.

    I hope your stretch continues to go well hun and that you reach your goals.

    Thanks for commenting.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anonymous

    Thank you so much. I will stil be here bloggig away. I think the main differnece in my posts will be the lack or my Relaxer Days posts but apart from that (and hopefully a reduction in sheding!) it will be pretty much the same as I will continue to protective styl for some time yet.

    Thanks for continuing to check in on the blog - it is appreciated.

    T
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. severe hair loss is my biggest problem right now.
    Can you post some advice on what to do to regain faster hair growth? Your advice might be a great help to me.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to experiment with my hair. It was always thick and strong, so my experiments were mostly successful. But 3 years ago I started to experience problems with my hair. It was drastically thinning. In three months I could not recognize my head: instead of thick shiny curls there were dull strands, which used to become greasy already on the second day after wash. I had to stop experimenting and start saving my hair. I tried gallons of different shampoos, masks, lotions and other external remedies, with almost no result. When a hairdresser recommended me special vitamins for hair I was not especially excited. But she convinced me to try. That was HairGain Formula, by Military Grade. Now I know that was my lucky day. During the first month I saw no results, but after the second month I’ve already noticed a positive change – a newly grown baby-hair all over my head! I continued for two more months and understood that my lovely hair was gradually coming back). Now I am much more careful with hair experiments. Besides, I take 2-3 months’ course of HairGain at least two times a year.

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig