Monday 14 January 2013

Wash Day Diary @ 3 Weeks Post: 13.01.13

 
"I’ve not combed my hair since my last wash day. Yep, it was definitely starting to look a bit like a tangled birdsnest, but I just left it alone and continued bunning for the week with no harm done."



The lack of combing, finger combing and generally messing with my hair resulted in pretty much no shedding for the week, on the days I did shed, I only shed about 20 long strands (with the bulb attached) and had zero notable breakage. RESULT!!!

These are the steps I followed for this wash day.



  1. Sectioned hair into 4, sprayed lightly with Mane ‘N’ Tail Detangler and lightly finger detangled
  2. HOT with EVCO and EVOO, covered with a plastic conditioning cap for 15 minutes. Applied ORS Replenishing Conditioner lightly to each section. I then sat under my steamer for 5 minutes without a cap and then for a further 15 minutes with a cap then finished without a cap for 7 minutes. I made this change to the process as I was DC’ing on dry hair.
  3. I rinsed my hair in two halves (split down the middle) using water from my shower filter. I was thinking of co-washing with the ORS but with the oil I added to my hair I had to wash it out. I used KeraCare Cleansing Crème concentrating the application to my scalp. I opted for this over Hair One Cleansing Crème because the KeraCare Cleansing Crème contains auyvedic herbs, I am desperate for a henna treatment but I am going to leave it for another 3 weeks and henna when I install my next set of crochet braids.
  4. After rinsing out the cleansing cream, I applied black tea rinse using 3 Tetley tea bags. I concentrated the application of this to my scalp and left for 3 mins before adding Roux Porosity Control Conditioner Corrector and covered with a plastic conditioning cap.
  5. I then applied my moisturising deep conditioner, KeraCare Humecto, covered with plastic cap again and a towel and sat with this on my head for 30mins whilst I ate my dinner.
  6. I then rinsed my hair with cool water, still in two halves and then put a towel on my head before applying my leave ins, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Treatment, Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Leave In Conditioner, EVCO, Organix Moroccan Oil and Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum.
  7. I then air dried for an hour before applying Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk and Bee Mine Luscious.  I then spritzed with Mane 'N' Tail Detangler, left for a couple of mintues before detangling.  I then bunned, applied JBCO to my edges before wrapping with a satin scarf and jumping into bed.

Going forward, I will be adopting this process of deep conditioning on dry and then using my steamer as it made the process meant that I didn’t have to keep getting in and out of the shower.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

5 comments

  1. This is an interesting concept: deep conditioning and then using your steamer. I am always getting in and out of the shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tama I nominated you for an award check out my blog when you have free time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to your blog? I come back waiting for a new post but it never comes... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Irekanmi

    Hi

    I'm still here and I haven't forgotten about my blog.

    We hae two weeks with no broad band connection, it was terrible.

    I have taken pictures of my wash days and crochet braid installs on my phone so posted some on my Facebook page with the intention to do am update when I take out there crochet braids either this weekend or next.

    I'm sorry for being so quiet this past month, I've not done much at all to my hair in the past three weeks!

    I really appreciate you checking in - I promise to start posting more regularly in the coming days.

    Thanks for commenting.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Irekanmi

    Hiya


    I thought I'd post a link for you do you can check out my Facebook page.

    http://www.facebook.com/SimplyIntoMyHair

    There are some pictures from my henna gloss treatment and crochet braid install.


    I also have a page called Simply Into My NAILS which shows manicures I have done using Soak Off Gel Polishes.

    http://www.facebook.com/SimplyIntoMyNails


    T

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig